Wednesday 4 January 2012

Sweet dreams and beautiful nightmares...

I bought myself a new bed, I decided I deserved it as all my past lovers have slept in that bed and you can't live with reminders like that.
Out with the old and in with the new and all that jazz, I kept the mattress though as its in good condition and they're hard to come by.

I'm not looking forward to going to bed though, despite the fact I have clean bedding and the electric blanket on already. No, my problem is that I hate sleeping alone.

I hate the cold feeling of no one there when you climb in, waiting for you to snuggle and kiss goodnight. I hate the space available to toss and turn all night, I hate not being able to wrap my legs around his or slip my cold feet between his thighs.

I also hate the lack of the obvious...

I don't sleep well, my condition means my brain doesn't switch off enough to sleep, usually resulting in me being shattered all day but unable to sweetly slumber after about 9pm.
I take sleeping pills - every night, I take them about 45 minutes before I want to sleep but then generally it's another 2 hours before I finally settle, when I'm alone that is.

When I was with him I felt safe, wanted, needed, warm and comfy. I always slept well.

Without him I am lost, awake...and cold.

0 comments:

Post a Comment