Sunday 8 January 2012

One step forward, three back

It was bound to happen, I couldn't stay strong for that long. I rang him.

I feel like an idiot begging him to come back, I knew he wouldn't but I did it anyway. I wanted him to feel my pain, to know how much I was suffering.

His reaction scared me - it was like he just didn't care. It scared me because he'd never been like that before with me and I hate that our wonderful relationship has ended like this.

I know he must be hurting too but was that the right way to deal with it? Today I feel bruised and battered from being pushed away so forcibly but how would I feel if there'd been a flicker of hope?

I must push myself to take a step forward and not fall back. These footsteps will be washed away soon and this will all be a distant memory... I know this for a fact but for now it's almost impossible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment