Friday 20 January 2012

The single life

/
Well, here I am, single, mid 30's, two children and available. Well, not exactly available as I have two children but you get my drift.

I'm kind of, sort of, coming around to this way of life. Having the ability to do what I like, when I like. Obviously the fact that I am alone still haunts me but I know I will soon get to enjoy my own company. I am already enjoying the peace and quiet and lack of TopGear.

On the TV single life looks amazingly fun... all sexy women with great wardrobes floating around being chatted up by every available (and unavailable - if you watch Desperate Housewives) male in a 20 mile radius, but in reality it's a little bit boring and one can spend a whole evening talking to nobody but the dog. But I don't have to wear matching underwear, shave my legs or tell someone I'm listening when really I'm not. I can listen to my music at any volume without anyone huffing and puffing and I can dance around in my knickers without being laughed at (sorry to my neighbours in advance).

Also, and this is the fun bit, I am free to go out with whomever I choose. Obviously I need to be careful, that goes without saying, but I am in the unique position of seeing anyone I fancy - male, female or other.

I can go to the cinema alone if I want to, there's no stigma attached any more. I'm sure I will have a trail of men following me if I go out on my own but the fact still stands that I can if I jolly well please.

Of course, I have my friend and I'm sure if I bribe her enough she'd come with me, Baileys and chocolate usually works, but I look forward to warm breezy days sat in the park drawing or days out by myself at the beach, just to spend time with me. I'm important and I will remember that.

Who needs someone else when I'm as lovely as I am. I'm beginning to like knowing me and I sincerely hope I like me in return.

0 comments:

Post a Comment