Thursday 19 January 2012

Just Friends

Is there any way of being "Just Friends" after you've given the best part of yourself to someone? What does this phrase mean anyway? 'Can we just be friends'? Is there any words in the English dictionary that are more painful to hear after someone has broken your heart?

I heard this today:

Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
I can't forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me
 For those of you that don't know it's Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton and it beautifully sums up how I feel right now.

He says he wants to be friends and I'm not against being friends at all, I'm certainly good friends with all of my ex's so far, and I am really quite a nice person to know (or so I'm lead to believe) but it doesn't allow me to run my fingers through his hair, snuggle into his naked chest at night and kiss him like there's no tomorrow.

But then again, he knows me better than anyone else in the world and I want to spend time with him. Just friends - in theory - is fantastic but what will it be like in reality? We enjoy the same things and to have someone I trust to go out with would be fun and it would get me out and about again.

Or will it just prolong the hurting? There's only one way to find out...

Photo from Google images

0 comments:

Post a Comment