Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ask yourself this question:

"Will this matter a year from now?"
No of course it won't, I'll look back with fond memories and smile at what we had but replacing the hurt and loss I feel now with feelings of love and hope over someone else. 
I won't remember the arguments, the sadness, the lies or the way I feel at this moment.

This leads me to the next question, when is too soon to move on? I have to grieve - this I know. But what is an acceptable amount of time for this nasty and painful business to carry on before starting the process of filing it away in my mind along with all the others.

Celebrities seem to have the power to move on to the next lover very quickly but we all know these aren't real people and seem to divorce and remarry at the drop of a hat.

The reason I ask is that I've been asked out on a 'date', I say 'date' because we have agreed that if we were to meet it would just be 'as friends' - look at previous blog posts for the reason. 

But now I'm scared that I'll either:

Get there, not want to interact as I'm feeling very low still and feel too embarrassed to leave.

Get there, fancy him and throw all my affections at him, end up sleeping with him and regret it later.

Get there, fancy him and throw all my affections at him, end up sleeping with him and not regret it later, but he doesn't feel the same

Or, we meet, get on really well, we fall for each other secretly but not inform each other and stay friends forever more.

So it's decision time I think, do I carry on hoping that HE is going to realise he's left a good relationship and come running back or do I take it that he's not coming back and move on with my life.

All I know is that at this moment a year is such a long time away and therefore no one really knows what will happen.

Life is about having fun so maybe I should just feel the fear and do it anyway, or should I wait just a bit longer...just in case.


0 comments:

Post a Comment