Tuesday 10 January 2012

Knowing when to stop

So, you've met someone online and you're getting on great...

How much do you say about yourself? Not enough and you seem suspicious and dark - shady even. Too much and you can put them off instantly.

But how much is too much? I think "What would I want them to tell me?" and try to go by that. I'm a nosey sod though and would want to know everything about them!

No, I'm being serious and it's a very difficult balance to try and achieve. You've chatted to someone for ages and you need to tell them aspects about your life that actually important to you but how do you know when is right?

"By the way, I have an incurable illness" or something equally as important. You want to give them the choice of still getting to know you but where is your choice? Should you tell them?

Online dating is a mine field and one to be negotiated carefully. One wrong move and KABOOM! It's all down the Swanee. It was nice while it lasted.

I told him frankly and to the point that I am still good friends with my ex husband and that we weren't divorced...yet, I thought it was important, but thinking about it, I've basically told him that I'm still married.

I couldn't lie because that would be worse, wouldn't it? For him to find out down the line, that actually I had told a huge great big whopper of a lie, how would I feel if the boot was on the other foot?  But, how would I feel if he'd told me he was still married?

Anyway, I'll wait to see if I get a reply...


0 comments:

Post a Comment